Deadline for summaries: 12 April 2016, 23:59 Costa Rican time (GMT-6)
EXTENSION DEADLINE FOR SUMMARIES: 20 de April 2016
Response from the evaluating committee: 12 May 2016.
Deadline for final paper submission: 17 June, 23:59 Costa Rican time (GMT-6)
Deadline for sending the presentation: 12 Sept. 2016.
The central theme is “Science communication as a profession: Training, responsibilities and roles”.
Target participants for the Symposium include professionals and students of journalism area, scientific management, educators, scholars, scientists, artists, promoters of scientific culture, communicators, including those responsible for communication units of the universities and research centers and other stakeholders in the interface between science and society.
- Professional development through education and training:
- Face to face, at-a-distance, online, hybrid courses
- Graduate studies
- On-the-job training, internships
- Teacher training
- Course design, study plans, adaptations, leveling courses
- Graduation Thesis or Final Projects
- Evaluation and self-assessment
- Professional development through best practice sharing:
- Collaborative networking
- Science Communication Strategies
- Program evaluation
The first step to participate with a presentation in the symposium is to send a summary with the following contents:
- Title of the paper
- Author (s)
- Summary (max. 400 words) in a “.doc” or “.docx” document.
Use this form to send your summary